Recently

19 September 2017

Plum Snow Bubble Bar



If I'm going to be honest, I was a little bit disappointed when I first saw the Christmas range this year, and noticed how few new bath bombs there were on offer. While I love bubble bars and seem to have collected far more of them than their spherical friends, most of my highest-rated bath bombs are the seasonal ones, and I was hoping to discover a few more favourites this year.

Yet, it only took me a matter of minutes after my order arrived to discover that the bubble bars on offer this season are impeccable, and easily the best range that Lush have offered in a good many years. Not only does this gorgeous looking specimen share its scent with the popular Plum Rain Shower Gel, but it also happens to be even bigger than the rather huge Man In The Moon Bubble Bar.

While this is one of two bubble bars priced up at a hefty £5.95, Plum Snow is definitely worth an investment. Containing a combination of petigrain, mandarin and osmanthus, this bubble bar offers a sweet, fruity collaboration - one that may initially appear rather subtle, but definitely makes an impression in the water. 
Much like the shower gel, this bubble bars smells to me like stewed plums and mandarins. It's a very warming, comforting blanket of aroma that makes your senses salivate immediately. After using this product, I just fancied making myself a traditional English crumble, which isn't particularly great if you're trying to watch your waistline. However, this bubble bar should serve as a healthy alternative.

When compared to the shower gel and spray, I would say that it is more like the latter out of the two. While not exactly alike, it does have more of a bright, citrusy element and is less grounded than the shower gel. Having said that, it is definitely not as 'spritzy' as said former spray - although together they are a sublime pairing.  

Despite its size, it's a big old softy, and you'll find that this bubble bar will crumble with ease between your fingers. In fact, if like me you sometimes crumble what you want to use from the whole bar and then put the rest aside, you may wish to cut your slice beforehand, as you'll find that you may use more than you bargained for. 

Once crumbled under the tap, Plum Snow gets to work at producing lots of light, fluffy fruity bubbles that stay with you for the whole experience. Furthermore, the water turns a brilliant, vivid shade of purple and the water is exceptionally soft to boot.
After bathing with this bubble bar, I found that my skin was not only velvety-soft to the touch, but had a radiance about it that stayed with me for a good many hours. While the scent might have diminished only a short while after I had towelled myself, my Plum Rain Body Spray allowed me to enjoy this scent for the remainder of the day.

As I probably know by now, I tend to use an entire bubble bar when I have a bath. Even with the size of this one, I still indulged in my greedy tradition. Having said that, this bubble bar could easily offer 4-6 separate bathing experiences - making it great value for money. For fans of this fragrance, all we need now is a bath bomb to pair this seasonal bubble bar with and we'll be one happy family. Lush: take note.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Osmanthus Absolute, Petitgrain Oil, Sicilian Mandarin Oil, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Hedgewitch Soap
Plum Pudding Bath Melt
Plum Rain Body Spray
Plum Rain Naked Shower Gel
Plum Rain Shower Gel
Plum Snow Bubble Bar
Ticket To Scrub Salt Scrub

1 comment


UP