Recently

15 April 2017

Tea And Sympathy Bath Bomb




For someone who considers them self to be fairly intelligent, I don't know why I didn't think about the ingenious concept of bathing alongside a tea bag or two. Known for being incredibly detoxifying and softening on the skin, it's the perfect bathing companion, and one that will be making a reappearance alongside many of the cocktails that I concoct in the future.

Tea And Sympathy Bath Bomb is easily one of the most boring ballistics that Lush have ever produced. However, it doesn't need to be particularly attractive when the name is enough to warrant a good many sales. Add in the unique feature of including a tea bag at its core, and you've already appealed to the British mentality - enough to sell a batch or two without too much of a problem.

What immediately struck my about this bath bomb, when it arrived, was that it smelt very different to what I had envisaged. Described as being 'like white and green tea', I was expecting something very two-dimensional and perhaps a little bitter. However, what I found was that this bath bomb was far sweeter and prettier than I had initially given it credit for.

Containing calamine powder and chamomile oil as the two key components, I expected the bath bomb to be very overpowering and medicinal smelling. Instead I found Tea And Sympathy had all of the refreshing, herbal properties of both ingredients, but with a wonderful musky layer alongside this. The olibanum oil really does work its magic at sweetening the chamomile and offering an almost resinous quality to the bath bomb.

While the clary sage is one of the last ingredients, I could really appreciate the prevalent herbal thread that is featured because of this. Despite the fact that every component works in harmony with each other, you can definitely make out each ingredient individually as well, which makes this one of the prettiest smells that I have experienced from Lush in a while.

Having said this, the bath bomb still wouldn't win any awards in the tub. Upon contact with the water, Tea And Sympathy begins to froth and fizz, and it doesn't take more than a couple of minutes for the product to dissolve completely. While puddles of white froth and bubbles pattern the surface, these disappear very quickly, and you are left with a very boring-looking bath. This bath bomb does not colour the water at all, and if it wasn't for the lovely smell radiating off of the water, and the single tea bag floating across the water, you wouldn't really be able to tell that you've used a product in there at all.

In it's defence, the bath bomb is rather moisturising and softening, without being at all greasy. The inclusion of the tea bag definitely helps to purify and detoxify your skin during bathing, and you'll find that your pores will feel much clearer afterwards. 

Having said that, I found that the fragrance faded during my experience, and after using a couple of stronger products, I was no longer able to detect the smell at all. Furthermore, the aroma didn't permeate my skin enough to leave any sort of impression afterwards either.

Overall, this bath bomb is definitely one you have to try, but perhaps not one you need to rush out and buy. Although its not one that I need to have at all times in my life, I would definitely say that adding a couple of colours to Tea And Sympathy would make it far more appealing, and one that I would be far more inclined to buy.   

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Soya Milk Powder, Calamine Powder, Perfume, Chamomile Blue Oil, Olibanum Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Water (Aqua), Chamomile Tea Bag, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090, Colour 19140.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.25 each.

Year Of Original Release: ?






No comments

Post a Comment


UP