Recently

18 February 2017

Mum Bath Bomb






The whole purpose of this season is to celebrate the person in your life that has raised you and nurtured you, and helped you to be the person you are today. Unfortunately, it is at this time every year that I am reminded about the fact that my mother has incredibly sensitive skin, and cannot use any single Lush item for fear of a flare up. 

While it's not the end of the world that she cannot indulge in a bath bomb or a limited edition shower gel, there is always a small part of me that wishes I could indulge her in the experiences I have come to appreciate as being part of my every day routine. If only she knew how great a feeling it was to bathe in a Lush cocktail, or to douse herself with a strong and unyielding perfume that lasts for hours on end.
Mum Bath Bomb is a product I just know that she would love, if only to satisfy her sweet tooth on a Friday night. Containing lemon, orange and rose oil, this limited edition ballistic is bursting with sweet, fruity goodness, that'll knock you for six when you first get a whiff of its tantalising aroma out of the packet.
Both the lemon and orange oil are incredibly zesty in this product - it's like they've taken a million Love Hearts and crushed them down into a single bath bomb. Although Lush describe it as being both fresh and floral, I would say that it is in fact a very uplifting, tangy fragrance - one in which the fruity components definitely dominate the overall smell.

While there is a gentle floral scent present in the bath bomb, I feel as if the rose is the weakest link, and that it acts as more of a base note than anything else. In fact, for someone who has never seen the ingredients list, I certainly wouldn't have listed rose as a component, and only really notice that it's there because Lush states that it is. Behind the zesty, sherbet lemon and orange, the rose does add a subtle, musky, powdery sweetness - one that elevates both of the fruit oils while giving the bath bomb an almost rich note to pad out the scent.

Mum offers a very bright and warming experience - with lemon oil to help cleanse and radiate your skin; orange oil to balance out and replenish; and rose oil to uplift the mood and alleviate any stress. It's a very light, refreshing, youthful smell - one that would definitely appeal to those with a sweet tooth while than those who enjoy their floral smells.
In the water, the bath bomb is a fast fizzer - bobbing on the surface while it sends our trails of baby pink and green across the water. As the size of this is smaller than the average Lush bath bomb, I found that the colour wasn't able to disperse as far as a regular ballistic would. For this reason, after Mum has fully dissolved, I found that there was a cloud of pink in the middle of the tub and the water either side was still untouched.

Unfortunately, I felt as if the fragrance of this was not as potent in the water as I was expecting, given how strong it was out of the packet. Because of this, I ended up using two of these bath bombs to pad out the aroma a little more. This obviously proved to be more expensive than using a regular bath bomb. However, the smell was much more robust and I was able to smell it for the most part throughout my experience.

In addition, I didn't find this bath bomb to be anywhere near as moisturising as other ones have demonstrated in the past; I feel as if this is because of its size, as it is probably a little over half the weight of a normal spherical ballistic. Having said that, bath bombs tend to be more about the colourful display that they showcase as opposed to softening the water as much as a bubble bar would.
This is definitely a gorgeous scent, and one that has me salivating every time I give it a sniff. If Lush were to bottle this as a perfume, it would be far from the complex aromas that they currently offer, but it would definitely be a really delicious and sickly-sweet fragrance. I only wish that it had a little more impact in the bath as I would only use this again with the aid of a bath melt or bubble bar. For fans of Love Locket Bath Bomb.
     
Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Organic Sweet Orange Oil, Rose Oil, Gardenia Extract, *Cinnamal, *Citronellol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 17200, Colour 45410, Colour 42090, Colour 19140, Chlorophyllin.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £2.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family: 
Love Boat Bath Bomb
Mum Bath Bomb
Rose Lollypop Lip Balm 




No comments

Post a Comment


UP