Recently

18 September 2016

Shooting Stars Soap



While my skin has always reacted in a less than desirable way to almost every soap that Lush have ever produced, I have recently been making a conscious effort to attempt different combinations in the hope that I can utilise the mass of soaps that I have accumulated over the years. While I would never expect them to live up to that of a shower gel or jelly, I'm beginning to recognise that when paired with a good body lotion, conditioner or massage bar, you can get that squeaky clean feeling from the soap while also enjoying skin that is plump, soft and well-moisturised.

When pictures of Shooting Stars first graced social media, I was immediately bowled over by its design - a stunning pastel purple with multicoloured stars etched across the surface; a sprinkle of lustre finishing off what is easily one of Lush's most beautiful seasonal soaps to date. However, I was also reminded that it was just a soap and the likelihood was that I wouldn't be able to use it too often for fear of it drying out my skin. Then I remembered that I had my new system in place to counteract this problem, and it was one of the first new products that I gravitated towards when I went into the Oxford Street store on release day.


Offering a brand new fragrance, this soap smells as fruity and as vibrant as you would imagine a product of this calibre to smell like. Containing both lime and lemon oil, as well as a rare appearance of the ingredient starfruit purée, this soap is a bright, zesty experience to wake you up first thing in the morning. Both the lime and lemon give this soap a spritzy smell not unlike Whoosh Shower Jelly, albeit lighter and a little more lemon orientated. The starfruit appears to thicken the aroma even further so you're left with a strong but equally gentle blend of citrusy notes. 

My first impressions were that this smells very similar to the green Starburst sweet, although I should state that I found the smell a lot stronger than what the confectionary offers outside its wrapper, and the heat of the water only intensified this even further in the shower.

Not only is this a soap that you want to marvel at because of its beauty, it also happens to be a product that works exceptionally well. In the shower, this fruity beauty lathers up with ease - producing a handful of soft, fragrant suds to clean yourself well. While some soaps need to be massaged between your palms to work effectively, this is one soap that creates lather under pressure as well as when you glide the bar over your skin. For these reasons, I found that I didn't need to spend a long time rubbing the soap between my hands, so my hands didn't feel parched or dry after using this. 

The inclusion of all of the citrus oils mentioned above, as well as bergamot oil, also ensures that your skin feels refreshed and vibrant, and I definitely noticed a natural shine to my skin after sharing the shower with Shooting Stars. Furthermore, I was delighted to discover that the scent does linger for a short while after exiting the bathroom.

While a soap could never replace a shower gel on a regular basis, I have really enjoyed using this seasonal release over the past few days. It is well suited as a 'wake me up' first thing in the morning, especially before greeting those icy-cold, crisp winter chills during my morning commute. It is also a great soap to keep with you for the warmer months, where the combination of citrusy oils will bring out the radiance of your skin and match with the heat of the sun to bring you an uplifting and refreshing experience.

Overall, this is a lovely new addition to the Lush soap family. It's nothing that'll blow your socks away and it's certainly not a very complex fragrance at all. However, if you enjoy fruity, zesty, citrusy aromas, this will be one that you'll want to try before the season is over and I hope that one day we'll see other products sharing the same scent. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Water, Glycerine, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Sorbitol, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Fragrance, Lime Oil, Bergamot Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Star Fruit Puree, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tin Oxide, Calcium Sodium Boroalicate, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Radiant Gold, Snowflake, Soft Green And Soft Pink Glitter Lustre.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.50 for 100g. 

Year Of Original Release: 2016.

5 comments

  1. Putting lotion after a shower is hardly an invention or a 'system' you delusional hack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Jen never said that it was?

      Delete
    2. What a B*tch--the above person is just jealous they didn't come up with a great blog such as this first. I don't always agree with the reviews, but Jen does this on her own, and writes well thought out reviews.

      Delete
  2. Who is that jealous bum?? ^^^ love your reviews Jen even though I don't like any of the citrusy fragrants but still take the time to read your lovely blog. X

    ReplyDelete


UP